- Room assessment and layout plan.
- Thermal imaging photos of each aisle and photographic images of each cabinet.
- Air velocity pressure survey (airflow through each 600×600 vented floor tile).
- Temperature and humidity check at low, medium and high levels on each aisle.
- In and out temperature and humidity check on the air conditioning units.
- Knowledge of where the air is being delivered in the data room to maximise the efficiency of future installations.
- Providing a baseline on the current airflow and how effective the current cooling is within the existing environment.
- Understanding how Cold Aisle Containment could improve airflow, saving you money and reducing your carbon footprint.
Thermal Imaging Photos
Our engineers are equipped with thermal imaging cameras. Many environments today are very high density; thermal imaging can identify problems before they become critical.
Air Velocity Pressure Survey
We start our survey with a full airflow meter reading of each vented floor tile, enabling mapping of the exact areas of air distribution in the data room.
Temperature and Humidity Check
We follow up the air velocity pressure readings with a survey of a low, medium, and high height range of temperatures and humidities – low = 6U (267mm), medium = 30U (1,334mm) and high = 50U (2,250mm) at the middle and end of the aisles.
In and Out Temperature and Humidity Check on the Air Condition Units
This completes the survey by showing the temperature ranges supplied and returning to the air conditioning units.
Full Report on Data Rooms
After all the surveys are complete, we make a detailed drawing of your data room, illustrating the airflows, temperatures and humidity readings. We can then give you a clear understanding of how Cold Aisle Containment could save you money and reduce your carbon footprint, including:
- How the air temperature in the cold and hot aisles is
performing and where hot air is returning to the cold aisle.
- Assessment of the balance of air pressures and velocities
from the floor plenum and observations drawn from
these readings to show air starved areas.
- Thermal images showing possible heating issues in
the room. Hot spots are easily identifiable giving a clear
indication of poorly cooled areas.
- Recommendations to improve the efficiency of
existing active kit through relocation.
- Clear advice on the optimum location for additional servers.
A full report is delivered to you for consideration.